3 days desert tour from Marrakech
3 days desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga
This tour departs from Marrakech. A shared budget 3 days desert tour that goes through both amazing cities.
For those who do not mind driving for long hours, this tour will definitely get your utmost attention. This 3 days Marrakech desert tour to Merzouga goes deep within Morocco. And on it, you will explore what the real Morocco has to offer. Beginning with the fertile Haouz planes of Marrakech, and the high Atlas mountains, and extends to oases, valleys, and rocky plateaus of the Erg Chebbi dunes. This place will put certainly put you in a serene mood. Your soul will be cleansed on the sigh of these magnificent landscapes, and you’ll surely appreciate your time – and our expertise.
Here are some of the highlights of our 3-Day private desert trip from Marrakesh to Merzouga:
- Crossing the High Atlas Mountains through the gorgeous Tizi-n-tichka pass.
- Riding a camel through the charming, vast desert and witness beaming sunrises and sunsets.
- Visiting the Berber village of Ait Ben Haddou that’s famous for being host to many Hollywood blockbusters.
- Passing through the Rose valley in Ouarzazate. This place is known for its annual Festival of Roses.
- Visiting the Dades and Todra Valleys.
- Spending an unforgettable night under the starlit skies of the desert.
- Paying the Atlas Film Studios a visit in the city of Ouarzazate.
Tour Itinerary for Marrakech Desert Tour to Merzouga
Day 1: From Marrakech to Boumalne Dades – 6-hour drive.
At 7:30 am, you will be picked up from your accommodation in Marrakech, or from the nearest accessible point. Your journey then begins by crossing the breathtaking Tizi-n-tichka pass. Your driver will be making frequent stops along the way; one of which, you’ll visit the UNESCO world heritage listed Kasbah, Ait Ben Haddou. This place is known for being home to many Hollywood blockbuster movies and TV series. Two of which are The Gladiator and Game of Thrones. In addition of experiencing these gorgeous places, you’ll also enjoy the drive. As well as chatter amongst yourselves.
You will have a leisurely tour of Kasbah Taourirt while the sunlight is still shining. You will then continue on with your tour heading towards Ouarzazate. Before arriving at your hotel in Dade’s valley, you will drive through the Valley of Roses, and then to Boumalne Dades.
Day 2: From Boumalne to Merzouga – 4-hour drive
In the early morning, you will enjoy your breakfast in your Dades hotel. You will then travel via the road of 1001 Kasbahs, heading towards the gorgeous Oasis of Tinghir. Before having a delightful lunch in a local Café in Todgha canyons, you will have an amazing time gazing into the immense cliffs and the breathtaking scenery that it offers.
You will continue to Rissani after your moments of serenity. This place was the starting point for trading caravans when crossing the Sahara desert to Tombouctou. Interestingly, Rissani is also famous for being home to quality date markets. Also, you’ll taste the most delicious dates with us.
You came (L) to us for a specific reason, are you ready for it?
First, you will meet up with your camel caravan on the edge of Erg Chebbi dunes. Then, you will have to travel through some rocky desert landscape in order to arrive, and it offers the most gorgeous scenery.
As you ride your lovely companions into the setting sun, you will notice the ever-changing colors of the sand dunes. This experience is by far, our favorite. And we’re positive that you’ll feel the same way. You will arrive at our secure Berber camp at dusk. This place is simply enchanting. Sit back, admire the coziness of the desert, and delight in a Moroccan meal that will change your taste buds. The starlit skies of the desert will leave you in beautiful awe, and the smooth sounds of the Berber drums will just complete the gorgeous night.
Day 3: From Merzouga to Marrakech – 9-hour drive.
After having breakfast in the desert, you will hop back onto your camels and trek your way to your transportation. Finally, you will return to Ouarzazate and have a leisurely stop, for a leisurely lunch. Your journey back to Marrakech will take you through the High Atlas Mountains, and you will be dropped off your original pick-up point. Then its time to plan your next visit to Morocco
What’s Included in Your 3 days desert tour from Marrakech:
- Pick-up from your Marrakech hotel/riad. Or from the nearest accessible point
- Traveling in an air-conditioned minibus;
- English/French speaking tour guide and driver. Rest assured, you will not travel with more than 17 passengers.
- Camel trekking in the sunset in Erg Chebbi is also included in your tour;
- Evening meal and breakfast during your first night’s accommodation at your hotel in Dades Valley
- Camel trekking through the desert;
- Evening meal and breakfast during your stay at our secure Berber desert camp.